Great company culture drives innovative engineering performance that thrills customers. Censinet is a collaborative working environment where we listen to everyone and encourage our team members to take chances that help create breakthrough products. We’re an energetic group that enjoys working together and delivers ongoing value to our customers. Our mission is to take the risk out of healthcare, and it begins and ends with people and the user experiences we create for them.
Censinet seeks engineers who demonstrate a great attention to detail and express an ongoing desire to improve everything they do. In this role, you’ll work closely with Product Management, Design/UX, and QA to bring ambitious and disruptive product features to life.
Engineers at Censinet are involved in the entire lifecycle of feature development. Our work begins with customer brainstorming sessions and detailed design reviews. We then collaborate with Product Management to craft the most effective and efficient solutions to address customer needs. Finally, after feature delivery, we analyze the usage and efficacy of deployed solutions, iterating until we’ve arrived at the ideal user experience.
To succeed in this role, you must be:
- Eager to understand our customer workflows, needs, and deployments
- Capable of anticipating challenges when reviewing requirements and designs
- Able to communicate effectively and work independently because the team doesn’t subscribe to micromanaging work
- Committed to automated testing and refactoring
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills and improving existing ones
- Passionate for building thoughtful, customer-focused interfaces
- Scope, architect, and develop features and functionality
- Propose methods to solve problems more effectively and efficiently
- Actively engage in code and design reviews
- Share opportunities to improve team workflows and processes
- Identify technical debt and advocate for paying it down
- Discover options to utilize new technologies and patterns leading to the development of POCs that demonstrate feasibility and value
- Contribute innovative features and solutions to the product roadmap
- Help onboard new team members
- Enable platform users to upload PDF files containing responses to standardized risk assessments. Utilize machine learning and other technologies to parse and interpret those responses to generate digital Censinet risk assessments from those ingested files.
- Develop an engine that automatically identifies indicators of risk, exposes critical findings, and presents recommended remediations.
- Architect a versioning schema that allows maintenance of historical records of each risk assessment. Simultaneously enable our curation team to deliver enhanced platform content without their changes being immediately visible to users. Batch publish their changes and independently apply them to “live” risk assessments.
- Develop a series of “checkups” that capture production data anomalies in real-time. Configure checkups that run at custom intervals, depending on the mission-criticality, and, when possible, incorporate self-healing capabilities.
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, SQL, and Git
- Optional proficiency with one or more of the following: TypeScript, GraphQL, healthcare IT, cybersecurity
- Proven ability to make sound, principled decisions in response to challenging software problems