Protecting the Healthcare Supply Chain
Censinet RiskOps™ for Supply Chain extends assessment coverage to all non-technical supply chain vendors, products, and services, critical parts of the healthcare spectrum that typically do not have a software component. This intelligence leverages the platform’s recommendation engine to assess unique risks rapidly, engage the vendors, and develop corrective action plans. Compared with technical products such as those managed by IT and biomed, the non-technical products that comprise the healthcare supply chain are also critical to patient care and often include 10X the number of products and services. According to the FBI, the healthcare supply chain is more frequently a target of sophisticated attacks because of the large number of participants and their limited cybersecurity capabilities.
“Third-party risk management is how your firm survives. Risk to your supply chain doesn’t stop at the pandemic. Supply chains are also affected by trade wars, bankruptcies, and cybersecurity attacks, to name a few. As long as companies use third parties, supply chain risk will remain critical, and a formal third-party risk management program is a necessity.”
-Forrester report co-authored by Senior Analyst Alla Valente
Extensive Healthcare Supply Chain Risk Coverage
Censinet RiskOps for Supply Chain provides complete vendor-engagement workflows, automated corrective action plans, data and access insights, and actionable report generation. Supply chain risk coverage areas included as part of Censinet RiskOps™ for Supply Chain vendor, supplier, and product capabilities are:
- Financial and corporate structure to ascertain solvency and viability
- Privacy and access to PHI, PII, and PCI along with usage rights and protections
- Physical security controls if gaining entry to on-site protected areas
- Utilization of subcontractors and the processes used to manage them
- Use of international vendors, how they’re managed, and any offshoring of data
- Legal requirements and any litigation risk that may disrupt goods and services
- Operational processes such as availability and resiliency to ensure continuous delivery during events that could impact the business
Key Supply Chain Risk Management Capabilities
- Provides all the features of the existing technical vendor, product, and service assessments including, automated inherent risk ratings, corrective action plans, data and access tracking, note and file management, summary report generation, and review and approval flows.
- Contains a built-in set of questionnaires oriented towards non-technical products.
- Presents options to choose between questionnaires for products with and without operational impact to your organization to enable the fastest response from your supply chain vendors.
- Uses a powerful recommendation engine that prioritizes the assessment questionnaire (technical, or non-technical) that best applies to the product.